Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day 3 & 4 in Hawaii


Tuesday, Day 3:
We drove over to the North Shore, drove along the coast and did some beach hopping, checking out what they had to offer. Our first beach stop Waimea Bay and then over to Laniakea Beach. After some beach time we headed over to Cholos, a local mexican restaurant for lunch. We had to make sure we had some Hawaiian ice while we are in Hawaii so we stopped at Matsumotos Shaved Ice, which way yummy.


After lunch we went to Waimea Valley. It was very pretty and an easy walk to the waterfall (Jake was still worried about me). The water was cold and I didn't want to swim next to the waterfall with my big belly. So I just went and put me feet in :) I was excited to see the Peacock showing off for us.
We later had some more beach time at Turtle Bay. Which ended up being on of our favorite beaches. I was loving all the beach time :) enjoying the relaxation and my good book.



We stopped off the side of the road to check out a fruit market. They had a little pet pig which too a liking to me, I think it really was the baby it was liking :)
For dinner we grabbed some food to go from Ted’s Bakery and made our way to Sunset Beach to eat our dinner.
Our timing was perfect, and we were able to watch a beautiful sunset together. We crashed by the time we made it back to our room.



Wednesday, Day 4: 
We had an early start again and headed over to Ihop for breakfast. We were excited to go to Hanauma Bay and snorkel. Hanauma Bay is really very pretty. It is cool that is was created by an old blown out volcano that over time became a huge reef and a natural preserve for sea life. Snorkeling wore me out, I got a nice little battle wound from coral. :) It was a lot of fun but I couldn't last as long as my hubby so he explored more while I took a nap on the beach.



Lunch was at Teddy’s Bigger Burgers which I tried really hard not to eat too much since I knew we were going to have a really nice dinner. Afterwards we drove to see some sites such as Halona Blow Hole and Makapu’u Lookout. We also did some beach hopping again; Sandy Beach Park, Makapu’u Beach, Laniakea Beach, and Kailua Beach. Our favorite being Kailua beach, its' sand was so soft and fine and a great place to relax and swim. It also great for different water activities you would want to do.


After our adventures for the day we got cleaned up to go eat at a nice restaurant for our 10 year anniversary. We went to eat a Duke's which is just off Waikiki beach. We had a great view of the ocean. It was a great way to end the night. I have loved being married to my best friend, someone who excepts me, the bad and the good!

No comments:

Post a Comment