Friday, November 8, 2013

Our Trip to Cali

We have been planning this trip for almost a year. It was so fun to send a full week playing with the family. At times it was tiring but totally worth it. Nana and Grandpa Roskelley rode with us down to California. Which was nice to have someone to entertain Sydney. 


Once we go to California we Ate some lunch at Cheesecake factory (which my boys didn't like, I found that funny. They called it the fancy restaurant.) When we finished we headed right over to Knott's Berry Farm to get a feel of what was to come. We were only there for a couple of hours that day before we called it a night, since we have a long week ahead of us.


Sunday morning we visited the Newport Beach Temple. Such a pretty temple! I wish the temple ground were open so we could walk around and spend more time there.


This was the first time my kids have ever been to the beach. Huntington Beach is very pretty and the weather was perfect. My Dad rented the 7 person bike. It was fun and a nice little workout considering some people are not as helpful as others :)


The boys LOVED the waves and didn't want to come out. Sydney was not too sure about the water. She was curious but decided that she didn't like it. The boys were too busy playing in the water to  build anything in the sand. I tried to persuade the boys to let me bury them in the sand but they wouldn't have it so, I buried myself :)  I know... I am a dork.

We got sand everywhere. I think it took several weeks to get the sand out of the car and random other places. It was worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment